Saturday 28 March 2009

Selvedge quilt



As I mentioned the other day, I have started a selvedge quilt. It is to be a quilt for our bed (finally!) and as I am not looking forward to quilting a queen sized quilt on my small machine, I decided to make it a quilt-as-you-go quilt. I am using the technique described here by Jan, who is doing a wonderful job making and collecting quilts for the bush fire victims in Victoria.

As you can see I have made 10 blocks so far, but I think I will probably need 6x8 blocks, so it will be a while before I am finished! My Dutch quilting friends have been very good in sending me their selvedge strips - thanks ladies! If you're reading this and you have some selvedges for me, please send me an email (click on View my complete profile, on the left) - I'll be happy to send you a fiber postcard or FQ in return.

Last week I received 2 ATCs, from Kathryn (ATWI20Q) and Margeeth:



They are both very beautiful; thank you!

3 comments:

inge said...

die kleuren in je quilt zijn heel mooi verdeeld! vind het prachtig!

Lynn Cohen said...

intesting.
lovely ATCs both.

Marloes said...

wordt erg mooi Linda! Dus echt een groei-quilt.