Tuesday 26 July 2016

Pattern Modern Lone Star Quilt now on Etsy



Last year I made a Modern Lone Star quilt using the iconic Unikko (Poppy) print in nine different colourways. Unikko was designed by Marija Isola for the famous Finnish company Marimekko and became one of their most succesful fabrics - even though Marimekko's founder had sworn never to print floral fabrics!

After showing the quilt on my blog and on Instagram, quite a few people asked if I could publish the pattern. It took me a while, but I am happy to announce that it is now available for sale in my Etsy shop.

The back of the quilt is another gorgeous Marimekko print called Hetkiä (Moments), designed by Maija Louekari:



I quilted this Modern Lone Star (affectionately known as Starimekko) in straight lines through the diamonds, ½” from the seams, continuing in the white spaces outside the star, using a walking foot and white Aurifil 40wt thread:



It has a thin cotton batting, so it's a spring quilt - not warm enough in winter. Here it is on our bed last year - oh, I do love this quilt!

1 comment:

meghs said...

Hi Linda, what a gorgeous quilt! We recently came home through Helsinki and a few pieces of lovely Marimekko fabric found their way into my bag!(Including some you have used in your quilt)I haven't decided what to do with mine yet - this may take a while :).