Wednesday 1 June 2011

An ice skater and some postcards



I had about one hour today between a PhD meeting, grocery shopping, hanging out the washing and picking the kids up from school and got this skater print done! (this is the try out print with some flaws; the print on the new quilt is looking very good)

Remember my seed pod prints? I had to make a card out of one of them.



Do you like it? I love it! I've put it up for sale in my Blue Jacaranda shop. I will definitely do more of this seed pod stamping, it looks so good!

I also made this card; from a piece of fabric created in 2009 with a stamp made from a rubber:



Any idea what this is? Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the bacteria that cause TB (as seen with an electron microscope). Yeah I know, weird subject for a fiber postcard - but TB has been the centre of my professional life since 2004. I'll probaby send the card to a colleague ;-).

I realised I hadn't shown some of the cards I made for the Fibermail birthday list here. This one was made out of the Rainbow quilt I made in 2008...



... and this is one of the prints from my very first screen printing session:




No comments: