Tuesday 3 May 2016

Playing Favorites: Mondrian's Lone Star



A while ago I heard about the 10th Annual Quilt Alliance Contest and decided to enter it. This year's theme is "Playing Favorites" and quilters were asked to make a 16'' x 16'' wall hanging showcasing their very favourite pattern or technique. In my case that would be a Lone Star!



When I was trying to decide what colours to use for this wall hanging, my eyes fell on the Gymnastics Cushion inspired by Mondrian I made for Hugo last month. How about a Mondrian-inspired Lone Star, in red, blue, yellow and white on black?



I quilted it with black Aurifil thread. The back looks quite nice too!



I did a quick photography session in the backyard and sent it off to the USA.



This little quilt is a donation to the Quilt Alliance and will be auctioned after an exhibition tour in the States. I'm thinking of making another, larger, Mondrian's Lone Star - maybe a baby quilt?

No comments: