Sunday 22 May 2016

Off to Melbourne!



Tomorrow morning I fly to Melbourne, to watch Hugo compete at the Australian Gymnastics Championships at the HiSense Arena at 5.30pm. His second competition is on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday I'll take a day off from the gymnastics to wander around in the City and make lots of photos. I love Melbourne! On Thursday I'll take Hugo out for a few hours before I fly back to Brisbane (he flies back on Friday, with the team). Last year there was no time to do that, but two years ago we went to St Kilda, where I took this photo of him in front of the famous Luna Park.



Hugo injured his elbow during a rings routine 10 days ago and it has been a stressful time, with visits to the fysiotherapist, an MRI, and adjusted training sessions to let it heal. He only started full training again two days ago, but thankfully it seems to heal well, so we are hopeful that he will be able to compete on all apparatus in Melbourne. These photos were taken by photographers of Actionfoto at the Queensland State Championships in April.



I haven't done much quilting in the last two weeks, but when I was helping Hugo with his homework the other day I was pleased to see a quilt in his maths book!



I have designed a row for The Road Home Row Along, organised by Marian from Seams To Be Sew. I can't show it here yet, but stay tuned for the reveal in September. Of course the place featured in my row will be Holland! (the province of South-Holland, to be more exact, where we lived before we moved to Australia)



And last but not least, I am thrilled and honoured to be asked to be a judge at the Auckland Festival of Quilts in November. So looking forward to my third visit to New Zealand!

No comments: