Thursday 6 September 2012

Artful Business Conference



Yesterday and today I was at the Artful Business Conference. It was an amazing experience; extremely inspiring, stimulating and useful. The location was perfect (Portside Wharf in Hamilton, Brisbane - we even had workshops on the deck overlooking the river!), as were the speakers. Russell Allert (above) had great tips on how to use social media to promote your business which I will certainly put to use. His blog is extremely helpful too!



Jess Van Den's presentation was very entertaining and inspiring and Megan Auman had invaluable advice about pricing. I will definitely be working on that!



The catering was terrific, as was the view:



I also quite liked the lighting in the main conference room:



And last but not least, I met some lovely people who are in the same boat as I am - trying to get their handmade business up and running. I'm sure we will keep in touch and cheer eachother on!

So, two very valuable days but no time yet to reflect on it (and adjust my prices ;-)), for tomorrow I am at the Bleeding Heart Market in the City! If you're in town come and check it out!

3 comments:

Russ said...

Hi Linda

Thanks for the kind words and mention. And I am so glad you found what I had to say so helpful.

I was also inspired by the other speakers, but also by people like yourself who are using your crafty talents to create your own businesses. You rock! :)

Russell

Fourzero said...

Linda,

It was a great couple of days and the information has been wonderful. I know the energy between everyone was amazing and we will support one another in our success.

Cheers Carolyn
www.fourzero.com.au

Elle said...

Great post Linda and wonderful pictures!!

I am so glad you got a lot out of the event.

Warmly,
Elle