Sunday 25 March 2012

A new quilt



After a busy week I had a lovely quiet day at home today. I made this quilt! (well, I started it sometime last week) Long time readers of this blog will know of my love for optical illusion quilts and yes, here is another one! This is the back:



It was going to be my SAQA 2012 Benefit Auction Quilt, but it is too big - 13 inches square, not 12 (and I didn't want to chop off the edges of the squares). So for now I will hang it somewhere in our house, or maybe at my workplace (once I have added a hangng sleeve).

The quilt hasn't got a name yet - any suggestions?

Today it is exactly five years ago that we first arrived in Australia!
Here is hubby with our boys on the plane from Kuala Lumpur to Brisbane that day - baby Robbie (or Koen, as he was called then), 2-year old Ernst and 4-year old Hugo:



Initially the plan was to stay here for four years, but it's been five now and we're not leaving anytime soon! (well, we are - but only for a 4-week holiday to the Netherlands in June!!)

2 comments:

A3jana said...

Wat gaat de tijd toch snel, Linda!

Petra said...

mooi linda! Mijn suggestie voor een naam: Black & White #1

Doei Petra