Monday 2 May 2011

Gold and rust



My gymnast son won a gold medal on parallel bars yesterday! (click on photo to enlarge) His first gold medal - he was very happy and I am very very proud!

Unfortunately his brother fell ill yesterday and I was up with him most of the night :-(. So no creative activities for me yesterday and probably not today either... I'll just show you this piece of fabric - I read a lot about rust dyeing on various blogs and last week thought I'd give it a go.



It looks... interesting. Not sure what I'll use it for, but I'm sure it will prove useful some day.

2 comments:

Dolores Quilts said...

congratulations to your son. My son use to take gymnastic when he was little and loved it. Love your gymnastic quilts.

I experiment a lot with rust dyes. You have a goos start.

Liesbeth Wessels said...

Wat geweldig een gouden medaille, feliciteer hem maar !! Knap hoor en beterschap van je andere zoon, groeten van liesbeth