Monday 26 April 2010

New quilt



Last year when we were back in the Netherlands, my mother-in-law asked me if I would like to make a quilt for her, to hang in her living room, over the piano. I said I would love too, and have indeed thought long and hard about it and even started two quilts that I didn't like after a while... The requirements were for the quilt to be 100 cm long wide and 50 cm high and to have some red in it, the colour of our Chinese cupboard that is now living at her house - very much like this one (but not exactly the same) :



I haven't been able to find or dye fabric in the right colour and I was getting a bit desperate, until I was looking for some fabric for another project (the Embellish A Bag Challenge) and found this gorgeous piece from Lisa Walton's Monthly Metres Club. Okay, there's no red in it... but it's the right size, I love it and I just hope MIL will too when she sees it! (I don't think she reads this blog) I immediately sandwiched it and started quilting with a variegated thread:



... and we'll see how it goes. I might even add some beads!!!

I hope showing this here will stimulate me to finish it - I'll be very happy when I will finally be able to present a quilt to MIL!

No comments: