Tuesday 14 October 2008

Bag from selvedge strips



I finally finished the bag I was making from selvedge strips back in June. Do you like it? I made the lining and straps from the green handdyed fabric. Here's the other side:



I think it turned out very well! I'll take it to the Queensland Quilt Show next week.

Yesterday I received these ATCs:



I had signed up for a swap organized by Diana from New Zealand. Her ATC is the one on the top right. It's beautiful - thanks Diana!

These are the ATCs I made for this swap, from the painted fabrics I did for the Playing with Paint class:



8 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow!! I Love this selvedge bag. Will look out for you at the show.

Nicole & Phil said...

Great bag....I would love one of my own...but I think I have enough projects at the moment....but I will keep this in mind!
x

Sandra said...

Geweldig je tas, van strookjes die je anders weggooit. Heel leuk! Veel plezier op de quiltshow, ik zag via de link dat je er prachtige quilts zult zien.Have fun!

Angela said...

Your Selvedge bag is wonderful!

Marie-Thérèse said...

Nice bag, nice ATC's :o)
Groetjes uit Parijs van Marie-Thérèse

jolie said...

Een leuke tas. Ben zelf ook al een poos bezig om strookjes te verzamelen.. Het is gewoon eens wat anders dan anders he? Verfrissend.. en zo blijven we bezig met verzamelen..

Marloes said...

Hi Linda, de tas is erg leuk geworden. Je ATC's zijn ook mooi!!groetjes, Marloes

Sue McPhee said...

Hi Linda. Love the New Blog. but I have always admired your selvedges, & what you acheive with them Cheers Sue McPhee