Wednesday 5 June 2024

Socks etc

 

My Bachelor of Arts is completed! I'm still waiting for my final results, but very confident that I have passed my last three subjects. It's been a hectic few months, with many hours spent studying and writing essays, but also lots of knitting, because I find knitting very useful as a way of dealing with stress (and also to spend an hour or so before bed not looking at a screen).

I finished the two pairs of socks pictured above - they were gifts for friends, and both of them loved their socks, always nice to hear!

Next I made a pair of fingerless gloves (the pair I made in 2017 was getting a bit worn). These are the Cafe au Lait Mitts, a free pattern on Ravelry. I adjusted it a bit to do the palm side in stocking stitch. The yarn is Lionbrand Feels Like Alpaca from Spotlight - so soft!

Next I used the yarn I bought in Japan to make a hat:

This is the Crème Brûlée Cable Knit Hat, another free pattern from Ravelry. I really like the pattern - this hat is a bit tight for me, so I've donated it to my son. I may knit another one for myself.

When the hat was finished and I was looking for my next knitting project, I realised I could make some socks with all of the leftover DK sock yarn from Heathermaid that I have collected in the last few years. I used all of the blue/green/purple yarn to make this pair of socks:

I've now started on another pair with all of the red/orange/yellow yarn. Stay tuned!

No comments: