Friday 3 November 2017

A new project and a new project bag



This week the Mayan CAL (Crochet-A-Long) hosted by Shelley Husband started on the Spincushions blog. I decided to join this CAL and very much enjoyed doing the first eight rounds. They included some stitches that were new to me, like puff stitches and front post stitches, but Shelley explained them all very clearly so I had no problems completing part 1. Can't wait for part 2 to be released next week!

When I had finished I realised I didn't have a bag to put this project in. I bought a project bag that I love at Morris & Sons in Melbourne earlier this year:



... but there's another project in it at the moment. So I had a good look at it and whipped up this bag, with some fabric that was left over from the Lone Star table topper I made for my father-in-law and his wife last year:



I'm pretty happy with this bag, but there are a few small things that could be improved, so I am going to make another one. I will take some photos and make notes, and add a tutorial here when it's finished. Stay tuned!

No comments: