Friday 2 October 2015

Christmas tree skirt



Finally I can show you the Christmas project I made back in May! It is a tree skirt - the first one I have ever made. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and looking forward to using it in December. How lucky that we have just moved to a bigger house, and will actually have room for a large tree this year!



The tree skirt is one of the projects in the Christmas issue of Down Under Quilts (#172), which is now available at newsagents and online.



My equilateral triangles quilt is also in this issue - you may remember I made it back in April.



I really like this little quilt! I used six shades of green, plus four brown triangles to make sure you can see the forest through the trees ;-)



Sadly there are no babies expected in my family or among my friends anytime soon, so I have added the quilt to my Etsy shop. You can find it here.



UPDATE 2016: The pattern for this quilt is now available on Etsy.

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Linda. Adorable tree skirt and I LUV the greens with a touch of brown in the baby quilt. I had to chuckle at the coloring book fad--you found a beautiful one. I like to use my daily journal pen sketches as coloring material. Otherwise I'd spend all my time coloring...
best, nadia