Monday 25 April 2011

Crafty Easter



I'm being very crafty this Easter weekend. I've spent most of the day on this decoupage project: covering this old table with pages from an 1998 Brisbane Street Directory. It needs another two layers of glue but is already looking very good:



I got the idea from this British magazine that I discovered at the newsagent the other day:



I tried the technique on a wooden picture frame first, using some old sheet music:



I have also framed the Kookaburra and Robot calligram fabric and made another set of Vintage Fairytale Cards - all for sale now in my online shop.



And yes, I still make quilts as well! I have started quilting the new gymnastics quilt. Will show a sneak peek here soon. Now I'm off to apply the third layer of glue to the table!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

If you got the idea from a magazine I'm sure won't mind if I get the idea from you! The table and the frame both look great.

ButtonMad said...

Wow...that's very clever...and it looks lovely...
Greetings from south Africa!

Petra said...

Wat leuk die tafel! Ik heb hier nog een klein kindertafeltje staan...
How nice the table. I've got a little kids-table.....
What kind of glue do you use?
Petra

Jantine said...

You better watch they don't move their plates too far to the site of the table to be able to read the maps ;-).