Saturday 25 April 2009

Playing with paint



Last week in Cairns I bought a marbling set and some other fabric paints at the Cairns Craft Centre (great shop, wish we had one like that here in Brissy!). Today I had a ball playing with fabric and paint:





After the painted fabric had dried I did some stamping and stenciling:



And in the end I had some pretty pieces of fabric:




I will use them to make the haiku ATCs - they have to be finished this week.
The optical illusion quilt is almost finished, I just have to sew back the binding.
I hope I'll be able to show it hanging on the wall in the next posting!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Wat ziet het er gezellig uit.Heerlijk he ,al die hobby spullen verzamelen.
Groet uit een zonnig Nederland
Ellen

Margeeth said...

Nice fabrics, Linda.

Sandra said...

Leuk om zo helemaal je eigen stoffen te maken! Ben benieuwd naar je affe quilt volgende keer :0)

Lyric said...

Ah - here you are! I wandered for a bit before I found you but it was worth the trip.

Your fabrics are looking lovely and your work is wonderful. It looks like you had a great day with paint!

Nikki said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. We're finally getting enough sun around here to do a little painting outside. Yeah! Love the fabrics.