Wednesday 11 June 2008

Prize

I've won a prize! A sample pack of Bulurru fabrics, in a contest at iQuilt. The pack arrived yesterday, containing 9 beautiful 8" x 8" fabric squares.



While waiting for the library book on quilting a log cabin quilt and for King Tut quilting thread from The Thread Studio, I have sewed some other things. Like a crazy block for the birthday list. I always thought crazy quilts were not my cup of tea, but I had a lot of fun making this block! It had to be done in black, white and red, and of course I have a lot of scraps in these colours now. I can't show the block here yet, but it turned out really nice, if I say so myself...

I also made the second part of the bag I am going to make from selvedge strips:



From the remaining strips I made some postcards:



If you would like to trade a postcard, please leave a comment or send me an email (click on View my complete profile for the address).

7 comments:

Jantine said...

Bofkont, wat een prachtige stofjes ! Wat heb je er voor gedaan om ze te winnen?

Julie said...

I'd love to trade a post card Linda.... we have each others details, just let me know! I'm not sure if the last comment post said they wanted to swap or not!!!My dutch isn't good???

Sandra said...

Hi Linda,
Just thought I'd take a look at your quilting blog and saw you won a prize. Really nice Aussie fabrics, I like the style of the bag you're making too! Take care.

Corryna said...

Linda wat een mooie stofjes. Ik zou willen dat ze die hier verkochten. Heel erg mooi. Ook ik ben benieuwd waarmee je ze gewonnen hebt.

Corryna

jacq said...

leuk zo'n prijs!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Linda
I'm hooked on Postcards too,and would like to swap with you.
Maureen in Woody Point Q