Thursday 21 July 2011

Busy




While at home with a sick 6-year-old and a healthy 4-year-old I managed to get a lot done today. I finally finished the ice skating quilt, hanging sleeve and all. I'm not showing you the full quilt yet but here is a sneak peek (ignore the pink spot at the bottom; something to do with the light). I also finally sewed sleeves onto a few other quilts -- not my favourite part of the quilt making process!

I realised today that the first anniversary of Blue Jacaranda, my online shop, was last week on July 15th :-). It's been a good year, with 66 items sold - not bad for an enterprise that was just started for fun! And I'm now taking it to a new level: on Sunday, August 14th Blue Jacaranda will be at the Kerbside Lane Markets in Brisbane! So I have been very busy creating new stock:



(much, much more to come!)
I haven't been to this market yet, but it sounds like a fun place - here is a review of one of the earlier markets. The best thing for me is that it starts at 1 pm so no need to build my stall (ehm, it will just be our camping table for now) at 5 am!

So please come along all you Brisbane people and say hi on August 14th! (still a few weeks to go, I know - and I will need them - but don't worry, I will remind you !)



PS My 6-year-old is much better now, thanks. Just hoping that his brothers won't get sick...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Hope your kids stay healthy.

Petra said...

mooi de skaters! groetjes petra