Sunday 25 October 2015

Bloggers Quilt Festival Fall 2015: Lone Star



The Bloggers Quilt Festival hosted by Amy Ellis from Amy's Creative Side is on again! I am entering my Lone Star quilt in the Large Quilts category.



I started piecing this quilt in June 2013 and finished the top by the end of July. I had a go at quilting it, but didn't like the result and put it away. I finally picked it up again two years (!) later and this time I did finish it. The binding was hand-stitched on during a short holiday in Caloundra, a sea-side town north of Brisbane, so I went for a celebratory photo shoot there:





This quilt has been on our bed ever since it was finished. I love it and am so glad that I did not give up on it after all!



I originally blogged about this quilt here. Stay tuned for my second entry into the Bloggers Quilt Festival!

6 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, great quilt! Beautifully pieced, love it!
Fun to visit blogs from BQF!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

A red and white lone star has always been on my list! Yours looks so precise and wonderful! Good luck!

Alison V. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It is a stunning classic Linda. So good to have it finished and in use where you can enjoy it every day.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

Beautiful quilt! My hat is off to you for finishing the top in a month! WOW!! Sometimes tops have to age before they are quilted ;) It is gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Wow! really lovely! Is this strip pieced or hst?