Sunday 17 May 2015

Spring 2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival - Rainbow Diamonds



Amy from Amy's Creative Side is once again hosting the Blogger's Quilt Festival. I am entering my Rainbow Diamonds baby quilt in the ROYGBIV Quilt Category.



I made this quilt in October 2014, for my brother-in-law and his partner in the Netherlands who were expecting their second child, but did not want to reveal if it was a boy or girl. I wanted to finish the quilt before we went to the Netherlands for Christmas, so suggested I make a rainbow quilt - good for a boy as well as for a girl! They liked that idea. In the end the baby, a boy, was born a few days before we left Australia. His parents and big sister loved the quilt :-)



It is made up of half-square triangles and measures 30" by 42" (76 x 107cm). The pattern for this quilt can be found in my Etsy store.

2 comments:

Kamila @ Work-With-Patches said...

What a great idea for a beautiful raibow quilt!!! I love your design and beautiful fabrics :)
Greetings from Poland
Kamila

the zen quilter said...

I love the look of this pattern. It's great.