Friday 27 April 2012

New burlap items



There is still a pile of coffee sacks in my sewing room* and I keep thinking about what to do with them. Do you like this fabric postcard? ;-) I have just added it to my shop on Etsy!



A loyal customer asked if I could make burlap coasters. Of course! I have sent a set of eight to her and this set of four is now for sale. (I've also made one for hubby)



This Burlap Cafe ACEO (ATC) has also been added to the shop - it was just a fun thing, to use up some small pieces of burlap, interfacing and muslin/calico.

I do love burlap! Any more ideas on what to do with it? I'm thinking aprons, bookcovers, Kindle covers... Would love to hear your suggestions! And would you be interested in a tutorial in how to make these cards and coasters?

* I need to get used to calling my sewing room a studio as I am joining the SAQA Oceania Studio Blog Hop in May! More info about this soon!