Wednesday 5 May 2010

More calligrams!



The theme for this month's Fibermail card is elephant. So I thought... what about an elephant calligram? (olifant is the Dutch word for elephant)
I love the first one and have ordered a fabric test swatch from Spoonflower. I just hope it'll arrive in time to make the card...



I also made a bicycle calligram, using the word bicycle in lots of different languages:



Most words are similar to bicycle ('two wheels') - bicyclette, bicikl, baisikeli.
The Dutch word is fiets (pronounced as feets), a strange but wonderful word - maybe my favourite Dutch word!



PS Yes, I'm still adding beads to the quilt!...

3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

There are really clever. I didn't know there was a word for this pattern with words. Cool.
Also COOL is your connection with Spoonflower, your designs for sale. May I ask, do you get many sales through the company and what % do you share with them?
Does it cost to give them your design? Are you committed to buying so much of it yourself?
Oh I have too many questions.
LOL But you are so full of wonderful ideas and your designs are such fun too.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Zowel je fiets als de olifanten zien er leuk uit.

mia said...

Hallo Linda,
Wat is dit een leuk ontwerp. En ja die fiets is heel bijzonder.Vooral vandaag, dan start de Giro in Amsterdam.

gr. mia