Thursday 16 May 2019

Finally sewing again!



Today I started up my sewing machine for the first time since January 2018 (when I made the chair covers I showed here). Yes, it really has been more than 15 months!
I was happy to discover that I still knew how to thread the machine, and that it was still functioning well (I must admit it was a bit dusty).
So what did I sew?
Well...

Last month we spent a weekend in Warwick, and of course did the parkrun there. It happened to be my husband's 50th parkrun; a milestone that means you are eligible for a free, red '50' t-shirt. Here's mine - I did my 50th parkrun in February:



In Warwick they had milestone capes. My husband got to run in the red '50' cape, while someone else ran his 100th parkrun in a black cape (because the '100' t-shirt is black).



I thought that was a great idea, and asked at our home parkrun, Surfers Paradise, if they would like me to make some capes. They did, so I bought some fabric and today I made the '50' cape!







Very happy with how it turned out. And the fabrics for the other milestone capes (Junior 10; Volunteer 25; 100; 250) are washed and ironed, ready to be sewn!

No comments: