Friday 22 December 2017

New Pineapple Project



When I was in the Netherlands in July, I visited a lovely yarn shop in Groningen, where my BFF Hylkia took this happy photo of me ;-)



I bought a Scheepjes Whirl yarn cake at this shop, in the 'Blueberry Bambam' colourway (where do they get these names?!). Ever since bringing it home I have been thinking about what to make with it, and last week I finally decided to go for the Lacy Pineapple Shawl, a free Ravelry pattern by Marly Bird.



I started a week ago - in the photo above the first 10 rows are done, in the photo below 20 rows are done:



Today I finished row 30:



The pattern has 46 rows - I hope I will be able to finish it before we move out next week!
I'll definitely try to - I should be able to crochet quite a bit in the next few days.
Speaking of which, I would like to wish you all a happy holiday season!



I'll be back after Christmas for a last posting (or two) before we make our way to the Gold Coast :-)

No comments: