Tuesday 24 June 2014

Another vintage quilt



Another vintage quilt arrived from the US yesterday. I bought it on eBay a while ago for a very reasonable price - probably because of the two holes in the top of the quilt. Apart from those and a few stains on the back it is in a very good condition. It is hand-pieced and hand-quilted, a lovely scrappy Lone Star.



The person who sold it found it in a trunk she bought in a garage sale in Waco, Texas, in the 1990s. She has no idea who made it and how old it is. The holes look as if someone just put it up on a wall by hammering two nails through the quilt!



This will be the last vintage quilt for a while as my PayPal account is now empty! I buy these quilts with the money I make with my Blue Jacaranda shop on Etsy and my Spoonflower fabric sales. Hubby doesn't really understand what I want with these old quilts. It is hard to explain... ;-)

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

As hard as it is to admit this, now that I play w quilting in my own right, I have pounded nails thru all kinds of pieces of fabric over the decades of my uninformed self. Without knowledge, one makes poor choices; I've made many but I also promise to put hanging sleeves on future wall decorations.

"When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail," my dad used to say.