Thursday 15 May 2014

Denim Argyle Cushion



I made this denim cushion for the blue and white issue of Down Under Quilts, which goes on sale today. I used jeans that my boys had grown out off (the dark patch is from a very cute size 3 pair), a pair that my husband had discarded and some of my own that didn't fit so well anymore... The white patches are from a denim skirt bought at the op shop, as I don't own any white denim items!
The back is made from one of my husband's old shirts:



I love new fabrics as much as the next quilter, but it does add something extra to a project when it is made from preloved textiles. Plus, as you know, I love the idea of upcycling!



PS The pattern for this cushion is now available in my pattern shop on Etsy.

3 comments:

chris said...

Old denim is so soft too! It looks great, Linda.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Argyle has always been a favorite pattern of mine and this is a superb rendition of it. Just beautiful I love to upcycle too. I made a blanket out of an old denim skirt from years ago and I love its softness. This pillow is just Great !~!

Unknown said...

Hermoso.