Friday 21 February 2014

Upcycled Argyle



This blog doesn't get updated as often as I would like, because I can't show most projects I have recently finished yet. Very frustrating! However, I can show some sneak peeks... such as this denim project. I cut strips from discarded blue jeans in different shades of blue from my sons, my husband and myself, sewed them together to create diamonds and then added some decorative stitching. And voila:



Argyle! I was so pleased with this effect that I have started another upcycled argyle project; this time with diamonds cut from felted sweaters:



This is going to be a table runner. I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Trillian As said...

Hi Linda,
it looks brilliant.
I know the feeling when I would like to show something I can't show yet. You have to be strong ;-)
Trillian

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Linda, how do you cut the diamonds? With a paper template? Just measuring, and if so, how please? AccuQuilt GO ? Curious, that would be me !~!

monique's mess said...

Might have to recycle my ripped jeans in a similar fashion to your diamond cuts..Liking the effect