Monday 5 August 2013

Braided rug made with t-shirt yarn



Pretending I did not have enough projects to keep me busy (the Lone Star Quilt, a quilt for Down Under Quilts) I decided last week to make some t-shirt yarn (you can read how to do that here) and then started braiding a rug (braiding along with Cathy, a year and a half later).



This is where I am now, after many hours of braiding, sewing, unpicking, sewing, braiding some more etc. The diameter is now 60 cm (23 1/2 in) and I plan for the rug to be at least 1 metre wide. I am blogging in more detail about this project on my Blue Jacaranda blog and adding frequent updates to the Blue Jacaranda Facebook page, so do go there if you would like to follow my progress!

1 comment:

Mieke Wilmer said...

Naai je allesaan elkaar? Ik ben bezig met hetzelfde materiaal maar ben aan t haken. Houten haaknaald, nr. 12
Dubbel stokje.
Groetjes Mieke Wilmer, Delft