Sunday 5 August 2012

Sunday



Today my friend Yasmin and I visited the Wooloongabba Antique Centre, where they have this ginormous shoe-shaped bicycle (or tricycle?). A note on it said that it was used in the Closing Ceremony of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney. My friend thought it also featured in the movie Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Anyway, it looked awesome! Inside they had this beautiful little sewing machine. I've never seen one like this before! (unfortunately it was too expensive to take home...)



I bought this piece of vintage neon-green fabric:



Yesterday I made this small toy for my middle son - he drew it and I created it out of some pieces of felt and a few buttons.



(it's the Golden Super Leaf from the Mario games)

Tomorrow I'll show you the items I made from the prints on blue jeans fabric!





1 comment:

Emma Smith said...

Linda,
I have got a very similar one of the sewing machine in the picture that only does chain stitch. My friend collects and restores old and antique sewing machines. He has got a lot of different ones at home and sold this particular one to me for $50.
Em x