Sunday 19 February 2012

Japan



Yesterday I made this Japan quilt for the Australian and New Zealand Art Quilters group. Like Russia, Japan is a country that I have never been to but would love to visit. I used the Japanese flag, the outline of the country and the offical name of the country in Japanese to design my quilt.



I need to send off four country quilts in March, for they will be exhibited at the Australasian Quilt Convention in Melbourne in April. Although I have made four country quilts, I am not happy with one of them (Morocco) and another one (Blue Rose, my Barcelona quilt for AQATW) does not really go well with the rest of the series, I think. So I intend to make another one in the next week... if I can find the time!

3 comments:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Love these quilts Linda - great designs. Also enjoyed catching up with your printing: Spoonflower & the thermofax prints. Congrats on your good news.

Judy Warner said...

Beautiful work on your Japan quilt, Linda.

christina said...

Deze vind ik leuk. Die stuur ik door naar m'n zoon in japan.