Wednesday 19 December 2007

Puffin

Here's the second mini quilt in my bird series: the puffin!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Not a bird you will find in Australia (or in The Netherlands for that matter), but one of my favourite birds ever since I saw it in Scotland years ago.

These mini quilts can be made in little time (a few evenings work) and are so much fun!
I plan on making an owl, an eagle, a parrot...
They will have to take turns hanging on the wall though; we haven't got enough space to hang them all!

The next thing I am going to do is probably not another bird quilt, but have a go at making some ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I have signed up for an ATC swap in april, but haven't made any yet, so I need to practice. I'm looking forward to that - think it will be fun.

Comments on the puffin are very welcome; if you have any suggestions on how to improve the bird quilts I'd like to hear them!

1 comment:

LAPPEQURI said...

Gosh the puffins was beautiful. Hav a nice weekend from Norway:-)
Are ther som one puffins fabrics to bye ther you live?