Sunday 10 June 2018

Ottoman cover



In 2014 I bought two ottomans at the op shop in Brisbane and used cow fabric to upholster them. Four years later they are still very popular in our household, but looking very grubby, so I decided to crochet some new covers.



I bought four balls of super bulky Bernat Blanket, which worked up very quickly. A large part of the cover was crocheted in hospital - eight days after his brother tore his ACL, my middle son fell off his bike and broke his wrist... (again - same spot as in December 2014). He needed surgery and had to stay a night, so lots of time to crochet :-(



Today I sewed the cover together and noticed that my scissors match the yarn very well!



Here is the ottoman in use. I don't have enough yarn left to make a cover for the second ottoman, so will have to go shopping first :-)



My oldest son has his knee surgery on Wednesday, so lots of crochet time coming up this week as well. I do hope our bad luck streak has run out now!

No comments: