Friday 15 September 2017

More crochet



When my mother-in-law taught me to crochet in July, when we were in the Netherlands, she didn't mention how addictive it was! My pile of granny squares is growing steadily - I just can't wait to pick up my hook and make another one.



I also have this continuous urge to look up crochet patterns on Ravelry and check out crochet magazines at the newsagent's. The other day I picked up this British mag:



I really liked the Gradient Granny Tee on the cover - so when I got an email from Spotlight about their yarn sale I couldn't resist buying more yarn... (hey, it was on sale!)



I've started on the shirt (hope it will look as good on me as on that flat-chested model...) - it took a bit of getting used to the English (UK) terms (after learning in Dutch) but I adjusted to that pretty quickly. Now all I have to manage are the US terms! Why are they different??



I thought about making a case for my growing collection of hooks, but of course one of my pencil rolls is perfect for the job!

No comments: