Monday 21 May 2018

Pottery



Pottery is something I have wanted to try for a long time, so when I discovered the Gold Coast Potters Association here in Benowa, I immediately signed up for one of their classes. I've had four lessons now and today I could take my first finished projects home.
I made the leaf in the photo above with a mould made from a Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise) leaf that was provided by one of the teachers. Two different glazes were used to colour it. It's 48cm long and 14cm wide (approx.19 x 5.5 inch). I love it!



An old lace doily was used to create the pattern on this tray. The teacher suggested I use this colouring. Doesn't it look great? This one measures 35 x 25cm (approx. 14 x 10 inch).



I have another five lessons to go - I hope I can make a yarn bowl!

No comments: