Tuesday 31 October 2017

Rag rug crocheted with t-shirt yarn



A few years ago I started making a braided rug with t-shirt yarn. At some point the rug began to curl - I couldn't get it to lay flat and discarded it. However, I held on to the balls of t-shirt yarn I made at the time, and with my new-found crochet skills they suddenly proved to be very useful!



I used up all the balls I had to make this rug. I had mainly dark colours, so asked hubby if he had an old white shirt I could cut up - and he did! (check out my tutorial on how to make continuous t-shirt yarn here)



With a 10mm hook the rug grew quickly, but it was pretty hard on my hands. However, I'm very happy with the result. I hope there will be a good spot for it in our next house, because we don't really have one at the moment!

No comments: