Sunday 11 June 2017

My First Socks



Today was a dreary, miserable day here in Sydney (oh, how we miss Brisbane...), which meant that a lot of knitting was done. See here the result: I finished my first pair of socks!!!



I love them, they look great and they are so comfy!
I found the pattern (Basic Ribbed Socks by Kate Atherley, a free Ravelry download) very easy to follow and the yarn (Zitron Trekking XXL) a pleasure to work with.
And I had a ball making photos of the socks while wearing them!



Of course I have already started on a new project: a white cabled scarf, to go with my new black winter coat. The pattern is the popular Irish Hiking Scarf by Adrian Bizilia, also a free Ravelry download (gotta love Ravelry!) The yarn is a lovely soft merino from The Australian Wool Store on Etsy.



And here is the Sydney Temperature Scarf with the month of May added - which had the first day this year where the maximum temperature did not reach 15 degrees Celsius:

2 comments:

Havplenty said...

Really cute socks. Did you add any elastic to the top to keep them up?

Linda Robertus said...

Hi Havplenty - thanks! No, I didn't use any elastic. The leg part is all k3 p1 ribbing, so they stay up quite well.