Monday 17 April 2017

Achievements



Another pair of fingerless gloves finished! These are for me - I get really cold hands when I'm sitting still and working on a computer, so needed a pair to use at work. The owl gloves I made last year are very cute but a bit too bright for the office, so I decided to use the black yarn that was left over from the Dalek gloves to knit a new pair. I started on Friday and my goal was to finish them before the end of the Easter long weekend - which I did! The pattern, by Teresa Cole, is called 'crazy, beautiful mittens', you can buy it here.



The Sydney Temperature Scarf is growing - the first three months of 2017 are now done. I think it's going to be a very orange scarf as most days the temperature is between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius!



I've also made a new pair of felted slippers - the pair I made in July 2016 was quite worn out, and they are so comfy!



And finally, today I achieved another goal - something completely different. In October last year I started running, as a way to deal with the stress of having to move twice in a short time - first in Brisbane, and six weeks later from Brisbane to Sydney. My goal when I started was to be able to run five kilometres (approx. 3.1 miles) - and today I did it!



It took more than six months as I struggled with various injuries (Achilles tendinitis, shin splint, adductor issues), but in the end I got there! I felt so happy and proud this afternoon - and as I walked home the universe rewarded me with this gorgeous sunset:



:-)

No comments: