Monday 13 March 2017

Kindle case



My husband has a much longer commute here in Sydney than he had in Brisbane, and it includes a 30-minute ferry trip from Manly to Circular Quay, so he recently bought a Kindle e-reader. I made a case for it, using a lovely tweed fabric from a thrift shop skirt that I have had in my stash for quite a while... (I bought it for the fabric, not to wear).



I lined it with a black quilting cotton. Very pleased with how it turned out, and he likes it too, so a win-win!



This is my last week of unlimited sewing, knitting and quilting, for next week I start working fulltime as a medical writer at a small company here in the Northern Beaches (so no long commute for me, luckily). I'm very happy to be able to use both my medical background and my writing and editing skills in my new job!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Great looking Kindle cover!! Perfect for a man!! Good luck on the new job!