Monday 12 December 2016

Last week in Brisbane and a new knitting project



This is our last week in Brisbane - on Saturday we will pack our remaining things and make our way to Sydney, where we plan to arrive on Sunday night.
The boys have finished school - the photo above was made when I walked to school with my youngest son for the last time. In this suburb apartment blocks are popping up everywhere, but you still see the occasional Queenslander house. And the poincianas are flowering.
This week we try to visit our favourite spots in Brisbane one more time, such as the Streets Beach in South Bank:



I miss my sewing machine so much! Can't wait to see it again next week, but I'm afraid that it'll be a while before I can actually sit down and sew - first there will be lots of boxes to unpack...
In the meantime I have started another knitting project:



It's Physalis, a free Ravelry pattern by Anna Kuduja. It's fun to knit, but it took me a while to figure out how to make nine stitches from one!

No comments: