Tuesday 29 November 2016

Modern Quilt Show Australia 2016, Sydney



On Sunday I was in Sydney and made my way to the Glebe Town Hall to visit the 2016 Modern Quilt Show Australia. It was lovely to see my Colourful Pencils quilt hanging there:



The show wasn't very large but there were some gorgeous quilts. My favourite was this one - a Lone Star of course! - Deconstructed Lonestar, made by Carolyn Murfitt of Free Bird Quilting Designs.



The quilting was spectacular:



I also really liked this quilt; Levitation Fascination made by Di Jobbins. It won the Viewers' Choice!



Another one I liked a lot: Sashing Stash by Jane Frankham. It won second prize in the Small category.



I had never been in Glebe before, so took the time to wander around with my camera. Loved those colourful houses in Glebe Point Road:



And this beautiful window:



The Christmas banners put up by the City of Sydney were very appropriate with their patchwork design:



I stayed with friends in Annandale (just west of Glebe), where I also found some things of interest, such as this art deco window:



And this adorable gingerbread house!



I wasn't in Sydney just for the quilt show - the main reason for my visit was to find a rental house in the Northern Beaches. On Saturday I inspected four houses. We put in an application for one of them, in Collaroy Plateau, and yesterday were told that the owner has accepted it. Hurray, we have a place to live in Sydney!!!

We will move in on Monday the 19th of December, when the boys have finished school and hubby has finished work here in Brisbane. I am so happy and so relieved to finally know where we are going to live!

No comments: