Friday 18 March 2016

Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show



The Stiches and Craft Show is on here in Brisbane this week. I went yesterday and had a lovely day. The highlight for me was seeing a matter of time - it's a fabulous collection of quilts and I am thrilled to be part of it!



My Poinciana Seed Pod was at the show as well, as part of the SAQA 25th Anniversary Trunk Show.



I spend most of my time at the show at this table, minding the SAQA exhibition Food for Thought and talking to visitors about SAQA. It's a great exhibition and if you get the chance to see it I would definitely recommend doing so. It will also be on show at the AQC in Melbourne in April. (If you can't make it, you can click on the link to see all the quilts online.)



I did have time for a little bit of shopping and bought these fabrics for my middle son who loves dragons - he wanted a big cushion like I made for his brother, but with a dragon theme. I'm planning to make this in the coming week .



When I came home, the local newspaper had just been delivered - and I was in it! I was interviewed last week as a local contributor to the a matter of time exhibition. Such a flattering headline!

No comments: