Thursday 30 April 2015

1000 Quilt Inspirations



This week my copy of 1000 Quilt Inspirations - Colourful and Creative Designs for Traditional, Modern and Art Quilts by Sandra Sider arrived. How exciting!



I knew Speed, my little bycicle quilt, would be in it, but was surprised to see Black & White #3 and #2 in it as well:



And Balance 2, one of my personal favourites!



As the title says, the book is full of inspiration. There are no patterns or techniques and there is very little text (just a 2-page introduction) - it's just lots and lots of images of gorgeous quilts. I spend a wonderful evening going through it slowly.

I showed the book to a few non-quilting friends and they really enjoyed looking through it. A perfect coffee table book!

1 comment:

Heleen said...

Leuk om je art quilts in een boek terug te zien! Ze blijven mooi, prachtig!

En inderdaad is het heerlijk om door zo'n mooi boek met veel plaatjes te bladeren en ook inspirerende werken van anderen te zien.