Sunday 17 August 2014

See-through pencil roll



As you know if you have been following this blog for a while, I have a thing for pencil rolls. Last week I was buying some fabrics at Spotlight when I spotted (see what I did there?) this clear vinyl table cloth, and I thought, 'Would it be possible...?'



Yes it would!



Sewing it wasn't very difficult - although a bit weird, looking into the machine like this:



But turning it was a pain! ;-)



I am very happy with the end result  - think it looks pretty cool!



Here is the balloon ball I made a few weeks ago for our little niece in Holland. It was her first birthday yesterday and I was told that she loved her present!



:-)

PS Yes, I have finished my big art quilt and I love it! But I'm not showing it here yet - you'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see it...

2 comments:

Jantine said...

It looks great but I can imagine how stiff it is to turn...

Quilting Dee said...

Great idea! More useful than a table cloth! Don't know how you managed to turn it!!