Saturday 30 August 2014

Button cookies



The other day I saw a photo of button cookies on Facebook and I just had to try and make some. Aren't they cute?



I used a Dutch recipe for 'sand cookies', but of course you can use your own favourite biscuit recipe.
I don't have a round cookie cutter (I'm not really the baking type) but found an egg cup with a diameter of 5 cm (2 inch) and used that to cut out the shapes. A bottle top was just the right size to make the indentation, and a straw was perfect to make the buttonholes. My boys loved the cookies and are already asking if I can make them again!



And now for something completely different... Last week I noticed this photo on the Spoonflower blog - it's the classroom / community space at the Spoonflower HQ. See that blue fabric on the wall? Could that be my Dutch Houses fabric? Yes, I think it is! How exciting! :-)

1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

So cool to see the fabric on the wall. And the cookies look yummy; they would work with my Snickerdoodle recipe I bet and taste good too.