Tuesday, 3 June 2014
State of the dragon
This is the current state of the dragon. I found a gorgeous glittery gold fabric that looks great but is an absolutely pain to sew with!
I cut the mouth, glued it to the black background fabric and tried to stitch it in place. It kept moving and distorting... grrr! I have stitched it onto the quilt top now and will use a satin stitch in gold thread to cover the edges later.
The teeth are made from white felt, and only the base is sewn to the background, so they add a little bit of a 3D effect. Ernst loves it and I'm pretty happy with the overall picture as well. Sadly I won't have time to work on it tomorrow, but I hope to get on with it on Thursday.
To be continued!