Friday 13 June 2014

Another antique quilt



A few weeks ago I saw this delightful vintage quilt on eBay. I was lucky and got it for a very reasonable price, and yesterday it arrived. Isn't it cute? I've never seen this block before - tumbling blocks with bows tied around them, how original!



The quilt was advertised as pre-1930s. I'm not sure if it is that old as that hearts fabric looks more recent to me - I think it was probably made in the 1950s. But I love the design and am very happy to have acquired this quilt. It's completely hand-pieced and hand-quilted. The seller told me that it was made in Pennsylvania, US.



There's some damage to a few blocks and some running of the red dyes, but overall it's in a pretty good condition. It has joined the other antique quilts on my antique sewing machine :-)



Stay tuned for an update about the Wild Fabrications quilt this weekend!

2 comments:

Kate said...

What a wonderful package to receive!

Charlotte Scott said...

I think it's one of the cutest vintage quilts I've ever seen. A really original design.