Saturday 16 March 2013

Laptop case



This week I got a new laptop computer and I decided to make a case for it myself (there are lots of lovely cases on Etsy, but the laptop wasn't exactly cheap and it's not as if I can't sew). I used a piece of fabric with large flower panels that I've had in my stash for years and lined it with a soft green fleece.



The back looks like this:



This is what is left of the fabric - I may use it to make a bag for the mouse and power cord.



I have another piece of this kind of fabric - hmm, what shall I use that for?



I need the laptop (and therefore the case) for my new job: since the 4th of March I am Consultant Editor at Practical Publishing for the quilting magazines (Down Under Quilts and Down Under Textiles). A dream job!

:-)

2 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Hi Linda! Firstly, congrats on your new job!

and WOW, great bag! I have to ask.... how did you work out the cutting so that your flowers matched so well when you closed the bag? it is just perfect! I can pattern match curtains but I'm darned if I can work out how you matched your bag pieces so well!!! Beautiful!

Enjoy your new job!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Beautiful, and I wonder too, what Helen asked: How did you match that up so well !~! It's just perfect. I adore those big white flowers.