Saturday 14 April 2012

State of the Art quilt 12 at Gallery 159



Today the State of the Art quilt 12 exhibition opened at Gallery 159 in The Gap, Brisbane. Mel took this photo of me next to my quilt,
The Final Round.



I made this quilt in May - July 2011 and have shown some sneak peeks here last year. Very glad to finally be able to show the full quilt!



It was hanging upstairs in the gallery in very good company: next to Mel's quilt Platforms and Sue Dennis' quilt Roundel (only partly visible here). Downstairs another 13 quilts were exhibited:



Sue's quilt was my favourite in this show; it was simply stunning:



I also really liked this one: Waterline by Felicity Clarke:



And this one: Living Threads by Rosemary McCall, made with beautiful silk fabrics (read more about it here):



And finally this one, Number Nuances by Tricia Smout - brilliant!



I had often heard about Gallery 159 but never visited it before. It's a lovely place and even the bathroom sign is a piece of textile art!



When I left the exhibition there was a double rainbow outside waiting for me and my camera!



The exhibition is at Gallery 159, 159 Payne road, The Gap, Brisbane until Sunday 29th April 2012. Gallery hours: Saturdays & Sundays 11am to 4pm. Entry is free, so if you are in Brisbane, do go and have a look!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je straalt er over! Prachtig om te zein.

Judy Warner said...

Congratulations, Linda! What a great display to be part of.

Sue Dennis said...

Thanks Linda!I have been to the exhibition today- very diverse and interesting.