Monday 24 October 2011

Back from Adelaide



Yesterday hubby and I came back from our 5-day stay in Adelaide. Together we visited the Art Gallery, the South Australia Museum and the Botanic Gardens, and we went on a wine-tasting tour in the Barossa Valley. On my own, when hubby was at his conference, I explored the city and made lots of photos. I love public art!



Very close to our apartment, in Hindley Street, was this transformer station. I used Picasa to transfer the picture to black and white. Love how it looks! (thermofax screen?)



More architecture photos on my photo blog, and more public art photos will be added in the next few days. Here is one more, a detail of a glass house in the Botanic Gardens:



This week is going to be very busy with work, PhD and family - my middle son has his 7th birthday next Monday (Halloween!) and his party is on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon I will be at Inspired with my shop Blue Jacaranda - but more about that later this week.

Next week I really hope to make a start on a new quilt...!

2 comments:

Aart said...

Mooie foto's zeker van dat transformator station, zonder verder te lezen dacht ik ook aan een thermofaxscreen.
http://quiltaart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

mooie foto's