Tuesday, 23 August 2011
Dutch Houses Cushion
Yesterday I made this Dutch Houses Cushion cover. It has a hidden zip that I am very proud of - I never inserted one before (always steered clear of zips) and sort of just figured out how to do it (well, it's not rocket science), and it worked!
The fabric is a leftover from the Spoonflower linen-cotton canvas I used for the Dutch Houses Bag. There's enough for another cover and both will go to our caravan.
I have added lots of new stuff that I made for the Kerbside Lane Markets to my Blue Jacaranda shop on MadeIt - Vintage Atlas Cards, Vintage Bookcover Cards, Chalk Cloth Gift Tags, Pencil Rolls and lots more. And I made and added this polka-dotted apron, modelled here by my almost-5-year-old:
I have also started on a design for a new quilt. I seem to be stuck in this small project mode - it's so easy to work on these things that are finished in a few hours or less, but much harder to start again on a large project that involves enlarging designs, screen printing etc... I long to be back in that flow, but there's so much else going on. (my PhD Confirmation has been postponed until September 6th...) However, I do hope to start on it this week. To be continued!