Tuesday 2 November 2010

Hats



After a very busy week (work, tax return, birthday Ernst) I finally found some time to play and made this postcard for this month's Fibermail swap; Hats. When I saw the theme I immediately thought of this photo:



(posted on my photo blog on May 20, 2010). I used an old hat and shirt of Hugo to make the card, so it is very authentic ;-). The light blue on the card is actually more grey.

The next project is to finish the Stone Soup quilt for Art Quilts Around the World (I should have finished it before Nov 1st, but there just wasn't time...) I hope I will manage that this week, for next Tuesday I am flying to Berlin! I'll spend 5 days there at the Tuberculosis Conference and then I will take the train to Groningen, the Netherlands, yay!!! I'll stay with my BFF Hylkia (aka The Apple Tart Queen) for 3 days and after that visit some family and friends in the western part of the Netherlands, before flying back to Brisbane on the 20th of November. I am really looking forward to that trip, and the same time a bit apprehensive about being so far away from my children... (if something happens it will take me 2 days to get back! )

If any readers in the Netherlands (or Germany) would like to buy something from my online shops at MadeIt and Craftumi but haven't done so until now because of the postage costs, this is your chance! If you let me know what you would like I can bring it with me and save you a lot of shipping costs! :-)

4 comments:

JenMeister said...

I love how this turned out, as well as the source of the materials used... very nice!

Jackie said...

Wow, that is so good! You can really replicate people.

fabriquefantastique said...

Visually strong...well done

marjolijn said...

Als je bijvoorbeeld op een bepaalde tijd in Groningen bent en nog tijd hebt om mensen te ontmoeten, moet je dat maar laten weten. Een gemeenschappelijk bezoekje bij Cordi bijvoorbeeld? Zou heel gezellig zijn.
groeten, Marjolijn